The Trulaske College of Business Undergraduate Advising Office supports business student success from a student’s entrance to the college through graduation. We aspire to cultivate an inclusive and respectful environment through the work that we do, modeling the behavior and values we expect our students to uphold. We facilitate innovative student success initiatives and programs on behalf of the Trulaske College of Business as we lead the way in business education.
Dedicating ourselves to the values established by the University of Missouri, we:
- Create an inclusive and welcoming environment while listening to our students and respecting their autonomy to make life decisions.
- Motivate students to take responsibility of their education, identifying and utilizing resources to support their academic, personal and professional development.
- Inspire student discovery of academic interests in business to navigate options through coursework, certificates, minors, & degrees.
- Empower students to hold themselves accountable to a standard of excellence and advocate for their interests.
Make An Appointment
To make an advising appointment, please use the MU Connect tab in Canvas or click on the "Find Your Advisor" button below for a list of our current advisors with their direct MU Connect link. As a business student, you will have direct access to your advisor’s calendar and be able to schedule an appointment for a time that works for both of you. Please note that academic advising services, including advising appointments, will continue to be facilitated primarily in a remote format via Zoom.
On-Call vs. Making an Appointment
On-Call Advising Support: We will still provide on-call advising support primarily via Zoom:
On-call advisors are available for quick questions or concerns on weekdays from 1:00-4:00 p.m. (with a few exceptions due to staff meetings). In addition to accessing our Zoom on-call account, you may also call our office at (573) 882-7073 or email us at email@example.com during these hours and we will connect you with the on-call advisor as soon as possible. Someone will follow-up with you within 1 business day. Questions for on-call advising include:
- Late registration change form
- Add/Drop/Withdrawals a course/term
- Business minor/Entrepreneurship minor application
- Graduation application
- Personal emergencies
- Deadline related process
- myZou errors/troubleshooting
- 60hr transition business hold after student transferred out
Scheduled Advising Appointments: If you schedule a new advising appointment via MU Connect, you will be provided with your advisor’s Zoom virtual meeting link via email. Zoom will provide you with a more enhanced experience than we can offer by phone. However, if you experience technical difficulties, you should email your advisor right away and they will speak with you by phone during your scheduled appointment time, or re-schedule the appointment if more time is needed. Be sure to log into Zoom at least 10 minutes before your appointment so you have time to call for your appointment if you run into any issues. Make an appointment for the following concerns:
- Class scheduling
- Re-schedule appointment after being 5 minutes late
- Removing a business hold (Current TCoB students)
- Study abroad course proposals
- Veterans forms
- ROTC course proposals
- Transfer of Divisions
- Revision of records
- Arts and Science Eligibility Contract
- Athletic forms
- Change of emphasis
- Course Substitutions
- International Forms
- Applying to the Upper-Level