The Trulaske College of Business Undergraduate Advising Office supports business student success from a student’s entrance to the college through graduation. We aspire to cultivate an inclusive and respectful environment through the work that we do, modeling the behavior and values we expect our students to uphold. We facilitate innovative student success initiatives and programs on behalf of the Trulaske College of Business as we lead the way in business education.
Dedicating ourselves to the values established by the University of Missouri, we:
- Create an inclusive and welcoming environment while listening to our students and respecting their autonomy to make life decisions.
- Motivate students to take responsibility of their education, identifying and utilizing resources to support their academic, personal and professional development.
- Inspire student discovery of academic interests in business to navigate options through coursework, certificates, minors, & degrees.
- Empower students to hold themselves accountable to a standard of excellence and advocate for their interests.
Make an Appointment
To make an advising appointment, please use the MU Connect tab in Canvas. As a business student, you will have direct access to your advisor’s calendar and be able to schedule an appointment for a time that works for both of you.
For other questions, please stop by 111 Cornell Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or call us at 573-882-7073.
UPDATE: Business Academic Advising Remote Services
Please note that academic advising services, including advising appointments, will continue to be facilitated primarily in a remote format via Zoom.
If you have on-call advising questions/concerns (e.g. withdrawing from a course or the term), please log onto Zoom at https://umsystem.zoom.us/my/busadvisingoncall, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 573-882-7073. We will connect you with an on-call advisor as soon as possible. Typical on-call advising hours are Monday-Friday, 8-11:30 a.m. & 1-4:30 p.m. Calls and emails will be replied to within one business day.
Some topics we discuss:
- Degree selection and emphasis areas
- Course prerequisites and elective courses
- Academic performance
- Plans for the future, such as career possibilities or graduate study
- Campus involvement (leadership opportunities, student organizations, study abroad, etc.)