*Now accepting applications for AUGUST and DECEMBER 2020 ONLY*
In addition to University general education and graduation requirements, undergraduate business students must meet the following BSBA requirements:
- Students must complete a minimum of 120 credits from accredited colleges or universities for all BSBA emphasis areas except International Business, which requires 136-158 credits, depending on catalog year and emphasis area.
- The S/U grading system is limited to unrestricted elective courses or courses only offered with a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade.
- Students can opt for "S" grades for Spring 2020 business courses due to academic policy changes during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please consult with your advisor before deciding on this option.
- In completing the 120 credits for graduation, students may count no more than 30 credits within their emphasis area.
- Students must complete 30 of the last 36 hours of courses in residence at MU, enrolled in the Trulaske College of Business.
- Students may take no more than six credit hours of transfer business coursework at the 3000-level or higher.
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.50 TCoB GPA in all MU accountancy (ACCTCY), business administration (BUS_AD), economics (ECONOM), finance (FINANC), management (MANGMT), and marketing (MRKTNG) courses.
Professional EDGE Graduation Requirements
- Students must earn a minimum of 70 PDP/Professional Edge points (maximum of 100) at the lower division for official admittance to the upper division. Once admitted, students must earn a total of 200 PDP/Professional Edge points to meet graduation requirements.
- Students must earn a C- (or higher) in BA 3500 to satisfy the course requirement.
- BA 4500/Internship is graded as Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory. Students must complete the practicum course to a satisfactory level of 70% or greater to receive a passing grade for the course.
Please contact your advisor to review and confirm your graduation requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
An application for graduation is due at the onset of the semester you plan to graduate. There are three ways to apply for graduation:
- Fill out the Online Graduation Application (See link below)
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor
- Stop by 111 Cornell Hall during On-Call hours
It is only necessary to complete the application one time. If you are unsure whether an application has already been submitted, you can log in to mydegree.missouri.eduto see if an expected graduation date is listed under your BS BA program plan. If yes, please do not submit another application. If you are needing to change your expected grad date, please email your advisor or MuBusTrulaskeGrad@missouri.edu to make that request.
NOTE: BY SUBMITTING YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION ONLINE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FULFILL ALL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING ALL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (PDP/Professional Edge) REQUIREMENTS AND A MINIMUM 2.5 TRULASKE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS GPA, FOR YOU TO BE AWARDED YOUR DEGREE.
Read the following information BEFORE filling out and submitting the application:
- Please do NOT submit an online application from anywhere other than your Mizzou E-mail address.
- Do not submit an online application any earlier than the semester before you intend to graduate.
- Your name as shown in myZou is the name that will be printed on the diploma and the diploma will be mailed to the permanent address on record, so it is important that both are up to date in the system at the time of graduation. You can verify your name and your address by going to mydegree.missouri.edu. If either need updating, follow the instructions given.
- If you have a minor or certificate with another department, make sure you follow their guidelines for filing.
- Complete all fields on the application.
- Click "submit" to finish.
You will receive an out-of-office reply upon submission - READ IT! This is your confirmation. If you have any questions or problems, contact your advisor or email@example.com.
The May 2020 undergraduate commencement ceremony was unfortunately postponed until further notice due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Students were recognized through a 24 hour virtual celebration on Friday, May 15 and Saturday, May 16. For more information & to monitor the rescheduling of commencement, visit commencement.missouri.edu
Friday, December 18 at 1:00 p.m. in the Hearnes Center. Please pay attention to your email, Dottie Buenacasa will send you further instructions regarding the ceremony as the date approaches.
Graduation with Latin Honors is determined by grade point average from either the last 50 undergraduate credits pulling in the UM system (Latin Honors GPA) or overall UM System undergraduate credits (Cumulative GPA), whichever is higher. IF you are Latin Honors eligible, you will receive an invitation from the Registrar's Office to attend the Honors Ceremony.
GPA requirements for honors are 3.5 for cum laude, 3.7 for magna cum laude, and 3.9 for summa cum laude.
Your cap, tassel (color drab) and gown can be purchased from the Mizzou Store located in the Student Center. If you are involved in a student organization, check to see if they have cords for graduates.
There are no tickets for the ceremony. You may invite as many guests as you wish.
For questions about the commencement ceremony, contact, Dottie Buenacasa:
110 Cornell Hall (573) 884-2823 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions regarding your status for graduation, please contact your advisor.