Intent to Graduate Forms for DECEMBER 2021 Graduates
All Business and International Business Students must submit their Intent to Graduate Form which will allow the advising office to add your expected graduation date in myZou.
Once your expected graduation date is added in myZou, you will have access to the campus-wide Graduation Application through the Registrar’s Office. This must be completed by September 27th to have your name listed in the commencement program.
February 1st was the deadline for May and August 2021 expected graduates to submit the Intent to Graduate Form. If you are an expected May or August 2021 graduate and have not yet submitted your form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to University general education and graduation requirements, undergraduate business students must meet the following BSBA requirements:
- Students must complete a minimum of 120 credits from accredited colleges or universities for all BSBA emphasis areas except International Business, which requires 136-158 credits, depending on catalog year and emphasis area.
- The S/U grading system is limited to unrestricted elective courses or courses only offered with a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade.
- Students can opt for "S" grades for Spring 2020 business courses due to academic policy changes during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please consult with your advisor before deciding on this option.
- In completing the 120 credits for graduation, students may count no more than 30 credits within their emphasis area.
- Students must complete 30 of the last 36 hours of courses in residence at MU, enrolled in the Trulaske College of Business.
- Students may take no more than six credit hours of transfer business coursework at the 3000-level or higher.
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.50 TCoB GPA in all MU accountancy (ACCTCY), business administration (BUS_AD), economics (ECONOM), finance (FINANC), management (MANGMT), and marketing (MRKTNG) courses.
Professional EDGE Graduation Requirements
- Students must earn a minimum of 70 PDP/Professional Edge points (maximum of 100) at the lower division for official admittance to the upper division. Once admitted, students must earn a total of 200 PDP/Professional Edge points to meet graduation requirements.
- Students must earn a C- (or higher) in BA 3500 to satisfy the course requirement.
- BA 4500/Internship is graded as Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory. Students must complete the practicum course to a satisfactory level of 70% or greater to receive a passing grade for the course.
Please contact your advisor to review and confirm your graduation requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
An Intent to Graduate Form must be submitted online after you have enrolled in your final semester of courses (prior to the start of your final semester).
It is only necessary to submit the form once. If you are unsure whether a form has already been submitted, you can log in to mydegree.missouri.edu to see if an expected graduation date is listed under your BS BA program plan. If yes, please do not submit another form. If you are needing to change your expected grad date, please email your advisor or MuBusTrulaskeGrad@missouri.edu to make that request.
You will receive an email confirmation that your form has been processed - READ IT! This is your confirmation and will indicate if you are missing requirements to graduate. If you have any questions or problems, contact your advisor or email@example.com.
Once you receive this email confirmation, you can submit the MU Graduation Application via myZou. The application can be accessed via your myZou Student Center & is located under your Academics tab. The application will be available to you within one business day of receiving your email confirmation.
NOTE: BY SUBMITTING YOUR INTENT TO GRADUATE FORM ONLINE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FULFILL ALL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING ALL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (PDP/Professional Edge) REQUIREMENTS AND A MINIMUM 2.5 TRULASKE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS GPA, FOR YOU TO BE AWARDED YOUR DEGREE.
Read the following information BEFORE filling out and submitting the form:
- Please do NOT submit the form from anywhere other than your Mizzou E-mail address.
- Do not submit a form any earlier than the semester before you intend to graduate.
- Your name as shown in myZou is the name that will be printed on the diploma and the diploma will be mailed to the permanent address on record, so it is important that both are up to date in the system at the time of graduation. You can verify your name and your address by going to mydegree.missouri.edu. If either need updating, follow the instructions given.
- If you have a minor or certificate with another department, make sure you follow their guidelines for filing.
- Complete all fields on the form.
- Click "submit" to finish.
The May 2020 and December 2020 undergraduate commencement ceremonies were unfortunately postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
All 2020 graduates are invited to return to campus during the weekend of Friday, April 23rd through Sunday, April 25th, 2021 for a commencement celebration. RSVP is required here to participate and receive tickets for six guests that will be in one pod, socially distanced from other guests.
Ceremonies are first-come, first-served. Graduates will choose a ceremony to attend on the RSVP form. All available ceremonies will be displayed. Due to social distancing restrictions, we will not be able to add seats to any ceremony. The RSVP form may only be submitted once so grads should finalize plans before submitting the form. The deadline is April 22 at 5 p.m.
For more information & to monitor the rescheduling of commencements, visit commencement.missouri.edu
The Trulaske College of Business will host commencement for May and August 2021 graduates on Saturday, May 15, 2021 at the Mizzou Arena. Students who completed their graduation application were asked to RSVP by Friday, April 9th. If you did not RSVP, please email Sharon Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waitlist.
8 a.m. Last Names A-La
11:15 a.m. Last Names Le-Z
Students who completed the RSVP will receive tickets to invite up to six visitors who will be grouped in "pods" that are socially distanced from others while following health and safety protocols, such as wearing face coverings. To provide additional access for friends and family, the ceremonies will be livestreamed.
Further details are forthcoming. Please pay attention to your email for further instructions as the date approaches.You may also monitor the university graduation & commencement website.
Graduation with Latin Honors is determined by grade point average from either the last 50 undergraduate credits pulling in the UM system (Latin Honors GPA) or overall UM System undergraduate credits (Cumulative GPA), whichever is higher. IF you are Latin Honors eligible, you will receive an invitation from the Registrar's Office to attend the Honors Ceremony.
GPA requirements for honors are 3.5 for cum laude, 3.7 for magna cum laude, and 3.9 for summa cum laude.
Your cap, tassel (color "Champagne") and gown can be purchased from the Mizzou Store located in the Student Center. If you are involved in a student organization, check to see if they have cords for graduates.
May 2021 commencement ceremonies will have reduced capacity to accommodate socially distanced seating. Graduates will receive tickets to invite up to six visitors who will be grouped in “pods” that are socially distanced from others while following health and safety protocols, such as wearing face coverings. To provide additional access for friends and family, the ceremonies will be livestreamed.
For questions about the commencement ceremony, contact, Sharon Reed:
408F Cornell Hall
If you have questions regarding your status for graduation, please contact your advisor.