Established in 1997, the Vasey Academy provides minority students with opportunities to learn about business and the economy as well as various academic paths into the business world. Students who are accepted receive a one-time $1,000 scholarship and enroll in a one-credit marketing course in the Trulaske College of Business. During the fall semester, only first-semester freshmen are accepted into the program, while freshmen and sophomores may apply in the spring semester.
Vasey scholars explore opportunities in various areas of business, including accounting, economics, finance, management, and marketing.
- Learn about business emphasis areas from department faculty members.
- Discover career opportunities through corporate visits to St. Louis, Kansas City, and local Columbia businesses.
- Develop essential skills in networking and professionalism to become successful business professionals.
- Explore aspects of the business world and how it affects you through various activities.
- Discuss strategies for academic success.