The digital displays throughout Cornell Hall are a great place for faculty, staff and student organizations of the Trulaske College of Business to share announcements for the college’s upcoming events and general news. Please read the guidelines below for creating and submitting your slides to the Trulaske College of Business before making your submission.
BEFORE YOU DESIGN:
- We will only post slides for events and announcements related to faculty, staff and students (i.e. organizations) of the Trulaske College of Business or an event hosted in Cornell Hall.
- We ask that your requested publication date be AT LEAST one week before your event takes place. This allows the college time to approve and publish your slide as well as give plenty of time for your slide to run on the screen.
- Both the atrium screen and hallway display screens require a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- If submitting a PowerPoint file: Please use the widescreen design ratio, which is 16:9.
- If submitting a JPG/PNG file: Please size your slide to 1920x1080 pixels.
- Please save file as "[Event name] - [start date] to [end date]".
- If you need design help, please download the template below and fill in the necessary pieces of information for your event. There are a number of different slide templates that are based on how many speakers/panelists the event will have. If the event is also worth Edge points, please let us know when you submit the slide so we can add the Edge graphic. Download templates.
MAKING YOUR SLIDES:
- Mizzou and the Trulaske College of Business adhere to identity standards, which apply to graphic elements including logos, fonts and colors. Find more information on these standards at identity.missouri.edu. We may initially reject a slide if incorrect logos are used and cannot be easily removed or replaced.
- While the university has specific official fonts, we only ask that fonts be legible and easy to read on the screen. Avoid specialized fonts that may not be widely available on most computers.
- Ensure that foreground and background colors used meet minimum web accessibility contrast standards. Click here to check your colors.
- For slides with events, be sure to include the time, date and location on your slide. Also be sure to identify the sponsoring/hosting organization.
- Avoid putting too much information on the screen. The slide will only be up for a short time before the next slide advances. If additional information is required, consider making the information available online and including the URL or a QR code.
- Avoid using the acronym TCoB. Use "Trulaske College of Business" on the first reference and "Trulaske" on any subsequent references.
- If including a web address on your slide, please contact Trulaske Marketing & Communications for a Mizzou-specific short URL.
SUBMITTING YOUR SLIDE:
- Once you are ready to submit, save your slide, and upload via our online submission form below.
- Slides can be submitted as either a PowerPoint file or JPG/PNG file.
- Slides must be approved before they appear on the digital display screens.*
Note: Offices are staffed Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Slides submitted after 5 p.m. will be reviewed the following day. Slides submitted over the weekend will be reviewed the following Monday. (Subject to holidays and other school closures.)