Students in the Trulaske College of Business are required to complete an internship. While working at an internship site, the student is enrolled in a course (BA 4500) that helps guide the student's professional development. Internships are a chance for students to develop professional experience in the business world and hone their professionalism. We ask that internships consist of significant, professional responsibilities similar to those of a full-time college graduate in a business field. Students must have regular face-to-face interaction with their supervisor and co-workers.
Finding a great internship is key to student success, below are a few ways our students have found great experiences.
- Business Career Services is a wonderful resource for students. Their resources include individual career counseling, career fairs, and an online job board (Handshake) that provides listings of part-time, full-time, and internship opportunities.
- MU Career Center is the general career services office for the University of Missouri and also has an online job board (Hire Mizzou Tigers).
- Networking is another key component for students to find internships, which can be utilized through their own personal network or networking at events held in the College.
- Office of Service Learning assists University of Missouri students in securing local non-profit and government internships.
Please refer to the following resources for more information:
- BA 4500 Internship Requirements and Apply for BA 4500 Course Credit
- Frequently Asked Questions (scroll down to "internships")
If you have additional questions after reviewing these links, please contact the EDGE office at email@example.com or (573) 884-2007.