Now that we've told you about our top-notch program, it's time to apply.
Entry Dates and Application Deadlines
- We are currently accepting applications for spring 2018 and fall 2018.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so you should submit your application as soon as you are able to do so.
- Our next priority deadline for spring 2018 is November 1 (which is the final deadline for international students). The final deadline for domestic students is December 1.
- Our early deadline for fall 2018 is November 1. We then have priority deadlines on January 15, March 1, April 15, May 15 (which is the final deadline for international students) and July 1 (final deadline for domestic students).
- Graduate assistant positions, full tuition waivers and scholarships are available. All applicants are automatically considered for financial awards - no separate application is required.
Criteria for Admissions
Post-graduation work experience is strongly encouraged because of the impact it will have on employment options upon graduating from the MBA program.
- Professional internships and/or co-ops
- Leadership, community involvement and service
- Quality of undergraduate work (GPA) and rigor of coursework
- Competitive score on the GMAT or the GRE
- Interview required for competitive applicants
- Current TOEFL score of 93 or higher (with a minimum score of 21 on the Speaking portion) or current IELTS score of 7.0 or higher (minimum score of 6.5 on the Speaking portion) for all international applicants
- Career focus and self-awareness demonstrated in question responses and interview
Students without professional work experience
Work experience is strongly encouraged. It is more challenging to find an MBA level internship and an MBA level job post-graduation if a student completes an MBA without prior post-undergrad work experience. However, if a student does not have full-time work experience, we will still consider their application. The following guidelines are what we look for in a straight through candidate:
- One or more professional full-time internships or co-ops
- Demonstrated significant leadership experiences within a student organization, on campus and/or within the community during their undergrad experience
- Achieve a high GPA (average is 3.59 on a 4.0 scale)
- Strong GMAT or GRE score (average is around a 655 for the GMAT and a 155V/157Q for GRE)
- A strong understanding of career outlook
We also have a Deferred Admit option if a student would like to work for a while before getting his or her MBA. Apply and be admitted now but defer your admission to a future semester. See below for guildelines and application.
If you have any questions about the strength of your application or ways to improve your changes for admission, please contact Matthew Wunderlich at email@example.com.
Current undergraduate seniors who have held professional internships, demonstrated leadership and have a high GPA but prefer to work for a while before getting his or her MBA, can apply to our Deferred Admit program. This highly selective program allows students to apply to the program without a GMAT score, go through a formal interview process and be accepted into the program at a later semester after working for a while with possible guarantee of financial aid. Visit our Deferred Admit page for complete details, guidelines for admissions and application. Please note admission will be contingent upon a student taking the GMAT or GRE prior to beginning the program and scoring a minimum score.
All applicants will submit the following information:
Please note that your entire application must be complete (including test scores) before your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Therefore, please submit your application in its entirety before any final application deadlines. All applicants will apply online by following the instructions below. For dual BSIE/MBA, BSIT/MBA, MHA/MBA, MSIE/MBA and JD/MBA students, please apply for the semester you plan to begin the dual program. You will also need to indicate which dual program you are applying for on the Crosby MBA Application section of the online application. If you are applying for deferrerd admission, please apply for the next academic semester available and then indicate that you are applying to the deferred admission program on the Crosby MBA Application section of the online application.
An application fee of $65 for domestic and $90 for international applicants applies; the application fee is non-refundable and is not applicable to any future fees. (See below for exceptions.)
2) Responses and Resume
Please upload your responses to the 'Crosby MBA application' section and your resume to the 'Resume/Vita' section. An actual Statement of Purpose is not required to apply.
The three pillars of the Crosby MBA program are Community, Curriculum and Careers. Please respond to the following questions with the approximate word count indicated for each response.
What is the best way to build the Crosby MBA Community and how will you contribute? (250 words)
What does academic success mean to you? (250 words)
What is your desired career path and why? Please explain how you decided on that career goal, what steps you have taken toward that goal, and what you can expect the Crosby MBA will add to your career situation. (350 words)
Additionally, please let us know the following on your response document:
Please tell us if anyone (student, alumni, faculty, friend) referred you to our program, and how you first learned of it.
- Beta Gamma Sigma Members
Please indicate if you are a current Beta Gamma Sigma Member. You may be eligible for our special Beta Gamma Sigma Financial Award.
A current resume which includes the following information:
- Work experience (Full-time, part-time, internships, co-ops, etc.)
Include the number of hours worked per week, as well as the month and year for all work experience, particularly any post-graduate experiences (e.g. January 2014 – December 2015, January 2016 – Present).
- Leadership experience (membership/leadership roles in organizations, volunteering, etc.)
- LinkedIn profile url
3) Test Information
Please arrange to have your official GMAT (code 596-15-82) or GRE (code 6875) scores sent to the University of Missouri. You may also upload your unofficial test scores in the online Graduate School application “Test Information” section or email your score sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org to expedite review of your application by the MBA program.
Please scan and upload an unofficial copy of all transcripts to your online application prior to submitting the application. Information for uploading unofficial transcripts can be found here. If you have attended the University of Missouri-Columbia, you may obtain an unofficial copy of your academic record from myZou (click here for more information).
Please do not mail hard copies of your official transcript to the Graduate School until you receive notification from the Crosby MBA program if you are accepted.
Letters of recommendation are optional. If you would like to submit one or more letters of recommendation, please refer to the instructions provided in the “Recommendations” section of the online Graduate School application, or have your recommenders mail them directly to the MU Crosby MBA Program, 306 Cornell Hall, Columbia, MO 65211.
Special Instructions for:
The University of Missouri Crosby MBA Program is designated a Military-Friendly School by the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC). If you have been on active duty within three years of your application to our program, please contact us at email@example.com prior to submitting your application so that we can provide you with the benefits associated with that designation, including:
- Waiver of the application fee
- Evaluation of your qualifications for financial awards that can supplement any additional benefits you may have through the military
- A one-year deferment if your plans are delayed by your service requirements
The MU Veterans Center on campus is here to meet the needs and address the concerns of veterans at Mizzou, including camaraderie among fellow veterans, resources and support.
An Official TOEFL or IELTS score is required for every applicant whose native language is not English. The minimum TOEFL score requirement is 93 IBT (internet-based) with at least a 21 on the speaking portion. The minimum IELTS score is 7.0, with at least a minimum of 6.5 on the speaking portion. Include your score information in the “Test Information” section of the online Graduate Studies application, and arrange to have your official scores sent directly to the University; MU's code is 6875. Please visit the MU Graduate Studies web site for additional application information, including exceptions to the English Language testing requirement.