How to Pay for Study Abroad

Student Financial Aid 

These courses qualify for financial aid. Before going to the Financial Aid Office (11 Jesse Hall), download the financial aid worksheet from myStudyAbroad for your program. It is highly recommended all students meet with their Financial Aid advisor to discuss paying for study abroad. 


The Trulaske Study Abroad scholarship application is available through Scholarship Universe left-hand. To find the application log into, select Applications on the left-hand side, and find the Trulaske Study Abroad application. Deadlines for application are October 1st for winter intercession/spring semester programs and February 15th for summer/fall programs.


Business students who apply to a study abroad program in the Trulaske College of Business may apply for these through Scholarship Universe . These generous opportunities are made possible by the college's supporters who see value is connecting students to global experiences through study abroad. 

Retired professor Charles Franz created short-term, business-focused study abroad programs for the Trulaske College of Business. He and his family established this scholarship to support business students who have financial need so that they may have an international educational experience. The scholarship will be awarded to students planning to participate on Trulaske short-term study abroad programs.

Students who are engaged in pursuing a degree in the Trulaske College of Business may apply. Students should express in their essay how study abroad will support their professional endeavors.

Five need-based scholarships are available for any MU student interested in studying abroad for a semester, year, summer or intersession on an MU, MU-Affiliated or Non-MU program. Two of these scholarships are reserved for students in the Trulaske College of Business.

This scholarship is for business students who are the first in their family to attend a college or university. Students planning to study abroad for a full semester or a short-term study abroad program may apply.

This scholarship is for students in need who are enrolled in the Trulaske College of Business participating in a study abroad program with first preference given to students studying in central/eastern Europe and second preference given to students in any other European study abroad program.