To be considered for an Edge event, all events must:
- Be open to all Trulaske students.
- Expose students to at least one of the Trulaske Edge professional competencies (see below).
- Request approval for Edge points/staff support at least three weeks prior to the event date. The priority deadline for Edge event requests is Dec. 1 for spring events and July 1 for fall events.
- Submit a completed Edge event request (and identify all people, places and logistics involved).
Edge approved event hosts agree to:
- Manage event registration or request the Edge office manage registration (as available – please allow additional time for planning and coordination).
- Be present for the entire event.
- Take responsibility for an Edge approved system that will award and/or track student attendance and participation to receive Edge points.
- This includes taking accurate attendance and submitting a digital attendance report (i.e. zoom report with timestamp, pawprint and name of in-person attendees).
- When a reflection is assigned, collect and grade responses to a reflection prompt within 24 hours and submit a digital attendees list (name and pawprint) of all students who deserve Edge points.
- Reserve appropriate room accommodations for the event prior to Edge event request.
- Let the Edge team know if any changes occur before the event date (room, event host, speaker, date change, etc.).
If you have any additional questions, please email the Trulaske Edge Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.