The Darby Fellowship for Entrepreneurship and Innovation program is the result of a generous gift from Scott (BS BA ’06) and Stephanie (BS BA ’06) Darby to support student entrepreneurs. Darby fellows receive additional mentoring, networking opportunities, professional development funding (travel to conferences, memberships, training) or small grants for startup/prototype costs. A limited number of Darby fellows are selected each semester.
The Darby Fellowship program is open to all students enrolled in the Trulaske College of Business.
Students are encouraged to meet with Trulaske’s director of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation before applying to the program. To schedule an appointment, please contact Scott Christianson.
To apply to the Darby Fellowship Program, applicants should:
- Provide evidence of their entrepreneurial skills and capabilities. Such evidence may include starting a business, taking entrepreneurship classes, participating in entrepreneurship activities or contests, or taking on leadership roles in student organizations.
- Have a demonstrated financial need, and have a specific funding request.
- Exhibit high academic achievement.
All applicants must submit a file that contains:
- A concise essay that explains how this fellowship will enable them to take advantage of opportunities they would not typically have experienced.
- Detailed funding requests (parts, approximate travel costs)
- Fall Semester: October 1st
- Spring Semester: March 1st