Four Trulaske students named Homecoming royalty top ten candidates
By Kylie Groh
Introducing their majesties, the Homecoming Top 10 Royalty from the Trulaske College of Business.
This week marks the 111th homecoming at the University of Missouri. Homecoming celebrates many campus traditions and the “coming home” of alumni. This year, four Trulaske College of Business students are featured as Top 10 Royalty. These students exemplify school spirit, and each represents a different sponsoring organization.
We asked them a few questions about their homecoming experiences and time at Mizzou.
- Major: Business Administration-Marketing
- Sponsoring organization: Alumni Association Student Board
- Favorite study spot on campus: My favorite study spot on campus is the Student Center because of its food options and its proximity to Cornell.
- Favorite part of Homecoming Week: My favorite part of Homecoming has to be all the service events we participate in. I loved Tiger Food Fight and Day of Service, and it is even better when I get to serve alongside some of my closest friends!
- What’s one item you can’t live without? One item I cannot live without is a cup of coffee. I am loyal to my coffee and love a fresh brew from my Chemex every morning!
- What’s the best advice you could give to a business student? The advice I would give to any business student is to do/learn the things that scare you. If traveling out of the country intimidates you, go study abroad! If gaining more knowledge about finance makes you nervous, take a finance class! The list goes on and on, but this is the only way we will grow.
- Major: Accountancy with a Spanish minor
- Sponsoring organization: Pi Beta Phi
- Favorite study spot on campus: I love studying on the 2nd floor of Ellis. It is the perfect mix of being able to talk but also still quiet enough to focus!
- Favorite part of Homecoming Week: My favorite part of Homecoming Week is Campus Decorations on Friday night. It is such a special time to walk around Greek Town and look at all the hard work of the Groupings.
- What’s one item you can’t live without? I cannot live without an afternoon Diet Coke
- What’s the best advice you could give to a business student? My best advice for a business student is to reach out to older business students for advice. Whether that be advice for classes to take or how to study for a class. You will be most successful if you know what to expect before walking into a class!
- Major: Business-Marketing and Political Science
- Sponsoring organization: Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Favorite spot in Columbia: I love hanging out on the quad with a nice view of Jesse Hall and the Columns.
- Most memorable homecoming experience: Experiencing homecoming for the first time as a Freshman stands out because that was when I first realized how special homecoming at Mizzou is.
- If you could choose anyone as a mentor, who would you choose? I'm incredibly lucky to have Dr. Mary Beth Marrs as one of my closest mentors. I am so grateful for her guidance and support throughout my time at Mizzou.
- Favorite business class: My favorite class I've taken so far was Business & Society with Professor Mariea.
- Major: Marketing
- Sponsoring organization: Kappa Sigma
- Favorite spot in Columbia: The Devil's Icebox (Rockbridge State Park)
- Most memorable homecoming experience: Working the blood drive with all of SteerCo and Royalty
- If you could choose anyone as a mentor, who would you choose?: I would choose Kobe Bryant
- Favorite business class: Personal Selling