Through our graduate programs, students unleash their true potential, and Career Development is a key part of student success. Students access Graduate Career Services to help achieve a career path that will bring both personal fulfillment and professional success. Our staff works directly with students on career planning and leadership development while emphasizing networking and soft skills.
One-on-one customized career advisement in areas such as:
- Resume and cover letter
- Mock interview
- Develop advance strategies for targeting careers and companies
- Strengthening applications
- Improving interview skills
- Salary negotiation
Trulaske College of Business hosts up to three career fairs annually, including the Accountancy Career Fair and the Business Career Fair, both held in September, and the Spring Career Fair which is held in the early part of the spring semester. Students may also attend career fairs hosted by other Mizzou departments. The fall semester Business Career Fair also offers a Mix and Mingle event specifically for students in Trulaske Graduate Programs. This event provides a networking opportunity for more in-depth and personal interaction with recruiters looking to hire graduate business students.
National Career Fairs and Conferences
Each year our graduate students attend national conferences and career fairs across the United States and abroad. Our students have previously attended National Black MBA Association, Prospanica, ROMBA, and INFORMS.
Graduate career services works hard to connect you with companies where you will thrive. Employers are invited to campus and students have the opportunity to travel to companies several times each semester.
- Site Visits: Graduate students and employers are connected through company site visits, which occur two-three times per semester for Crosby MBA students. Past site visit cities include Kansas City, St. Louis, Denver, Dallas, and Chicago, where students visited companies like Anheuser-Busch, AT&T, Toyota, Sprint, and Dish Network.
- Company Conversations: Employers are invited to campus to share information with students about their company, company culture, internship opportunities, and more. These small group sessions are a great way to discover potential employment opportunities.
Who Hires Our Students?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Caterpillar, Inc.
- DISH Network
- Edward Jones
- Eli Lilly
- Grant Thornton
- H&R Block
- Hallmark Cards
- Lockheed Martin
- The Resource Group
- Veteran’s United
A Mizzou centered search tool for full time jobs, internship opportunities and career events
Where MBA students can explore the right jobs, worldwide Leadership Development Programs and employers across industries and geographies
An online database listing job offers from all around the world and from U.S. companies that have issued H-1B visas; students, log in from the Mizzou wireless network to gain first time access and create your login
A provider of pre-recorded and live video interviewing solutions, and it offers Live Video Interviewing, Pre-Recorded Interviewing, and Practice Interviewing
A web-based hiring marketplace for graduate business school candidates and companies that hire them
Access to online journals, articles, and databases as well as online chat with on-campus librarians to make finding information easy
Program that provides expert assessments of one's unique pattern of business-relevant interests, motivators and skills.
MBA Career Development Opportunities
Trulaske Corporate Connectors
Trulaske Corporate Connectors pairs you with a senior executive, who coach and mentor you as you embark on new career opportunities. Our executive mentors are an integral part of the Crosby and execMBA programs and a cornerstone of your experience at the Trulaske College of Business.
The level of access and the number of coaching opportunities available to you through the Trulaske Corporate Connectors program are rare among MBA programs. Interaction with senior leaders of this caliber will help round out a more complete, more impactful MBA experience.
Trulaske Corporate Connectors will help you:
- Build critical leadership and interpersonal skills
- Better understand and prepare for your career
- Help you build your business and give you strategies to help you grow your network
- Practice and sharpen key business skills needed to succeed
- Deepen your working knowledge of the business world
- Develop a practical complement to your academic experience that strengthens your network with business leaders in your business field of interest.
Areas of engagement
You'll connect with some of the most accomplished executives in their respective fields, gaining valuable insights in four distinct areas of engagement:
- Applied projects — Offering guidance on industry projects in an advisory role
- Career preparation — Helping you understand, decide and prepare for employment opportunities
- Leadership coaching — Helping you develop critical leadership competencies and personal, interpersonal skills
- Mentoring — Assisting with a variety of academic, business, personal and career-related issues