Making Me Marketable: Conference draws more than 200 students, alumni, industry experts
The Trulaske College of Business’s Department of Marketing and its Marketing Advisory Board hosted the 20th annual Making Me Marketable conference on October 4, bringing together a mix of students, alumni, industry experts and sponsors.
This year’s keynote address was given by Proctor and Gamble Senior Category Account Executive Julie Niehaus, BS BA 2012 (pictured above).
Trulaske students attended a variety of workshops led by industry experts, including Build Your Personal Marketing Plan, Stand Out from the Crowd, Discover the Possibilities, and Lead with Strength: Women in Business, to prepare them for internships and careers.
Students gain important networking and career preparation insight through college-sponsored events such as Making Me Marketable. Their feedback included:
- “I enjoyed the insightful knowledge from employers on what exactly they are looking for in regard to a potential employee.”
- “The small group size [was] great for networking. Loved the in-depth knowledge and participation from the panel. The panel discussion topics were relevant and beneficial for all years. Great insights.”
- “I really enjoyed all the guest speakers today. It was great to hear from different people who work in different companies… I am really glad and grateful I went to this event.”
The 21st annual Making Me Marketable conference will be held on October 2, 2020.
Event sponsors included:
- Center for Sales and Customer Development at the Trulaske College of Business
- Srinath Gopalakrishna, chair of the marketing department
- Imperial PFS
- Murali and Surya Mantrala
- Procter and Gamble
- Renaissance Financial
- Marsha Richins
- State Farm
- Katie Essing