Dr. Pukthuanthong’s main research interests are international finance and asset pricing. She received a BA in Economics from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand; an MBA in finance from Washington University, and PhD in finance from University of California, Irvine. Her research has been published in the Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Asset Pricing Studies, Critical Review of Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Financial Markets, Journal of Corporate Finance, Financial Review, Economic Note, Pacific Basin Finance Journal, Applied Financial Economics, Financial Analysts Journal, Journal of Investment Management, Journal of Portfolio Management, Global Finance Journal, International Journal of Managerial Finance, Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, and Venture Capital Journal.
Dr. Pukthuanthong's additional experience includes:
- Member, board of directors at Centricity Financial LLC, Newport Beach, CA from 2012-2013
- Associate Professor from 2009-2013 and an Assistant Professor from 2003-2009 at San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
- Professor-in-Residence from January 2011 to July 2011 and a consultant from August 2011 to February 2012 at Research Affiliates, Newport Beach, CA
- Lamfalussy Fellow at the European Central Bank in 2010
- Consultant at Flintrock Global Investors, Flintrock, Texas from January 2010 to December 2012
- Crowell Prize, PanAgora Asset Management for the paper, "Protocol for Factor Identification" with Richard Roll, CalTech and Avadhinar Subrahmanyam, UCLA.
- Recognized by the Q Group, The Institute for Quantitative Research in Finance, with the 2015 Jack Treynor Prize for the paper "A Protocol for Factor Identification," co-authored by Richard Roll of the California Institute of Technology. http://www.q-group.org
- On valuing human capital and relating it to macroeconomic conditions with David Berger and Richard Roll: One of the five papers being considered for the best paper of the 2016 FMA meeting in Las Vegas.