Important Notice: You should apply for BA 4500 approval as soon as you have accepted an internship – at least 3 weeks before the internship start date.
- Applications submitted less than 3 weeks before internship start date are not guaranteed to be approved.
- Applications submitted less than 10 business days before the start date will not be accepted.
- Internships must be approved before start date in order to receive credit for BA 4500.
Applying for BA 4500 Course Credit
You should apply for approval once you have secured your internship. The application is completed online and is processed through the Professional EDGE office. If you have any questions about process or your internship, you can schedule an appointment with the internship coordinator.
Please allow up to three weeks for the entire approval process to complete.
- After you have submitted, the Professional EDGE office will review your application. If your application is not complete, needs revisions, or does not meet the specifications for BA 4500, you will receive an email asking you to update the application or schedule an appointment to discuss.
- After approval from the EDGE office, your supervisor will receive your application for second approval. Let your supervisor know to expect this email within 1-2 weeks of submitting your application.
- Once the approval process is complete, you will receive an email with enrollment instructions for BA 4500 and you will enroll yourself in the course using these instructions.
- Log into MyZou and enroll in BA 4500. Do not enroll more than 2 weeks before your start date.
- Specify your internship start date to finalize enrollment.
- Mizzou Online will grant you full access to the course on your internship start date within 2 business days.
- Log onto Mizzou Online. Review the BA 4500 syllabus and your assignment due dates.
- Organization Name
- Organization Address
- Supervisor Name
- Supervisor Email
- Supervisor Phone
- Supervisor Title
- Job Title
- Start Date
- End Date
- Pay Rate (include any workplace expenses you will incur)
- Hours Per Week
- Total Hours
- Minimum of 120 hours - national
- Minimum of 150 hours - international
- Total Weeks (must be consecutive)
- 8-16 weeks for national
- 5-week minimum for international, including those paired with a summer Trulaske Study Abroad program
- Primary Responsibilities/Project Description
- CRITICAL - We ask for a minimum of 5-7 detailed sentences about your specific tasks/duties during the internship. Your job description should be very detailed with your responsibilities. Your employer should provide a job description during the interviewing process.
- If not sufficient in detail, you will receive an email requesting more information before your application can be considered for approval.
- Workplace Overview Description
- CRITICAL - Working in home-based businesses or telecommuting do not meet the requirements for BA 4500. You must report to a physical location with other employees to be considered an internship. Certain sales internships also do not apply. Please contact the Professional EDGE office if you have questions.
- Provide a description of the workplace environment, including where you are working and with whom you are working.