Camp Trulaske is an exciting experience for incoming business freshmen at Mizzou. Here's a bit more about what to expect from the experience:
The Things You'll Learn
- Networking: Business is all about who you know. Kick start your college career with the same method! You’ll meet your peers from around the country before other Mizzou freshmen even move in. Camp counselors and Camp Directors – upperclassmen Mizzou business students – are ready to help you integrate into Mizzou’s culture.
- Communication: Between the jam packed schedule and the constant interaction with fellow campers, you’ll be sure to leave Camp Trulaske a better communicator. Students from all over the world are invited to attend, which provides an excellent opportunity for further global engagement.
- You: Our goal at Camp Trulaske isn’t just to get you initially immersed into life as a Tiger, we want you to leave camp a better you. Whether it is from the various competitions, ropes courses, or small group sessions, we hope you learn more about yourself and just how great you really are. We sure can’t wait to get to know you!
- Fun: When it’s all said and done, the thing you’ll remember about Camp Trulaske is what a great time it is. Whether you are sitting around the campfire getting to know new classmates or coming together through team activities around a common goal, the memories you make during Camp Trulaske will stay with you throughout your time as a Trulaske student.
The Things You'll Do
We will have a full schedule of activities, so you never need to worry about what to do next:
- Large group activities: Your first semester on college campus can be stressful. Finding your way around, getting used to the classes and schedule, and making new friends. At Camp Trulaske, you will get to know over 150 new Trulaske College of Business students, plus dozens of student counselors, faculty and staff.
- Small group sessions: There is no “I” in team, at Camp Trulaske, you will work in small groups and compete against each other in various events, showing off your teamwork and competitive edge.
- True Camp Experiences: Outside the regularly scheduled activities, there will be down time to relax and do your own thing. Shoot some hoops, play volleyball or soccer, take a swing at mini-golf, and chow down on s’mores.
What You'll Bring
In order to enjoy Camp Trulaske to the fullest, here are a few things to consider bringing:
- Clothing for a 3-night trip (camp t-shirts are included)
- Tennis Shoes/Hiking Shoes(closed-toed)
- Shower shoes
- Swimsuit & towel
- Toiletries (body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, shaving cream)
- Clothes for mixer (if desired)
- Approved Medications:
- Prescribed by a doctor (in original bottle)
- OTC pain or allergy medication
- If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rain gear (Hopefully you won't need it!)
- A great attitude!
A few notes:
- All bedding is provided including pillow
- Please try and limit your items to 1 bag!