Ideally, you should begin your internship search no later than the start of the semester before the term you would like to intern. If you plan to search for a position through on-campus interviews, you must first register with BCS.
- Discuss opportunities with advisors and professors within your major department.
- Seek employers at the numerous career fairs on campus each year. Attend career fairs both inside and outside of your college.
- Contact your network of friends, family, and professors. Let them know you are looking for an internship. Try to give them the pertinent information for your search so they have a clear picture of the type of position for which you are searching.
- Look for companies in your chosen industry by using the Employment Resources offered by BCS.
- Obtain company lists from the Chambers of Commerce in the regions you are considering.
- Become active in campus chapters of professional organizations.
- Look in publications of professional associations that relate to your field. Internships may be advertised, but more likely you will obtain company information and possible contacts.
- Look at the staffing or employment section of a company web site for internship offerings.
- Personally contact employers that interest you.
Are you searching for an internship to meet your Professional Development Program requirement? For more information, contact the Professional Development Program department at 573-884-2007.