Minimum admission requirements for the MS Finance program are a bachelor's degree from a college or university recognized by a regional accrediting agency in the U.S. with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the final 60 credit hours. Degrees from non-U.S. institutions must be recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education or Commission responsible for higher education in the country where the degree-granting institution is located. Please refer to the university’s Office of Research and Graduate Studies for all degree requirements.
Neither a GMAT nor a GRE score is required but will be considered if submitted. Factors considered in the admissions decision include the quality and rigor of undergraduate classwork, potential for graduate work in finance, and career focus. Evidence to support these factors include items such as the personal statement portion of the application, any internships or post-graduation work experience, community involvement and service, and an interview (if requested by the admissions committee).
International Applicants to the MS Finance Program
Applications are similar to those for domestic students, but an international student whose native language is not English is required to present an acceptable score on either the TOEFL or the IELTS. Minimum scores are as follows:
|Test Type||TOTAL SCORE||READING||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
Because the program can be completed fully online, immigration documents will not be issued. International students will be limited to online courses unless they have a current visa that allows them to study in the United States.
Students can begin the MS Finance program at the beginning of any semester. MS Finance courses are eight weeks (half-semester) in length, so entry is also possible at mid-semester with the approval of the director of the MS Finance Program. Deadlines are as follows:
- Spring: December 15 (February 15 for mid-term entry)
- Summer: April 1
- Fall: July 15 (September 15 for mid-term entry)
Required Application Materials
- For the Office of Graduate Studies
- ✔ Completed Graduate Studies online application
- ✔ Unofficial Transcripts - All applicants must upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are required if accepted by the program.
- ✔ Official results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only
- For the MS Finance Program
- ✔ Resume and personal statement
- ✔ Letters of recommendation (preferred but not required)
- ✔ GMAT or GRE scores (optional)
- ✔ TOEFL or IELTS (for international students)
The personal statement should include your career goals, steps you have already taken toward those goals, and how the MS Finance will help you achieve your goals.