Minimum admission requirements for the MS Finance program are a bachelor's degree from a college or university recognized by a regional accrediting agency in the U.S. with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the final 60 credit hours. Degrees from non-U.S. institutions must be recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education or Commission responsible for higher education in the country where the degree-granting institution is located. Please refer to the university’s Office of Research and Graduate Studies for all degree requirements.
Neither a GMAT nor a GRE score is required but will be considered if submitted. Factors considered in the admissions decision include the quality and rigor of undergraduate classwork, prerequisite coursework, potential for graduate work in finance, and career focus. Evidence to support these factors include items such as the personal statement portion of the application, any internships or post-graduation work experience, community involvement and service, and an interview (if requested by the admissions committee).
International Applicants to the MS Finance Program
Applications are similar to those for domestic students, but an international student whose native language is not English is required to present an acceptable score on either the TOEFL or the IELTS. Minimum scores are as follows:
|Test Type||TOTAL SCORE||READING||Listening||Speaking||Writing|
Because the program is fully online, immigration documents will not be issued. No assistance is available at this time.
Students can begin the MS Finance program at the beginning of both the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: December 15
Required Application Materials
- For the Office of Graduate Studies
- ✔ Completed Graduate Studies online application
- ✔ Unofficial Transcripts - All applicants must upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are required if accepted by the program.
- ✔ Official results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only
- For the MS Finance Program
- ✔ Resume and Short Answer Essay Questions
- ✔ Letters of recommendation
- ✔ GMAT or GRE scores (optional)
- ✔ TOEFL or IELTS (for international students)
- ✔ Prerequisite courses
Admissions Webinars and Info Sessions
Join members of our admissions team for this presentation designed to provide you with an overview of our graduate programs, as well as the admissions process and requirements for each. This will also be an opportunity to ask questions about the programs. Each webinar and info session will be the same, so just pick one that best fits your schedule.
- February 25, 12-1PM
- March 15, 12-1PM
- March 27, 12-1PM
- April 16, 12-1PM
- April 24, 12-1PM
To register click here.
Info Session Dates:
- February 21, 6-7PM, 205 Cornell Hall
- March 18, 6-7PM, 205 Cornell Hall
- April 23, 6-7PM, 205 Cornell Hall
To register click here.
Email email@example.com for more information or questions.