Below you will find instructions to complete the necessary pre-work for orientation. All pre-work needs to be completed by orientation. If you have any questions about Career Services Pre-Work, please contact Meredith Shaw. If you have questions about StrengthsQuest, please contact Kim Hedges. We look forward to seeing you at orientation.
Business Career Services Pre-Work:
CareerLeader Report (Once you have paid your deposit, you will get access via email.)
- Log on to CareerLeader
- Click the "Sign In" button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Under the NEW USERS section, enter your email address and the registration key for our site license is: umissouri-demand
- You will then complete a brief registration before proceeding to the testing area
- Print the narrative report and bring with you to orientation; we will reference the information in our morning session.
- Resume Template
- Company List
- Research and identify 5-10 companies of interest that you plan to apply to.
- Create/update your LinkedIn profile to include your MBA degree, and edit your summary to reflect your future career goals.
- Connect with MBA Program Staff.
- Interview Stream
Student Services Pre-Work:
- Strengths Quest Assessment (You will get your access code via email.)
- Activate your StrengthsQuest Access Code.
- Go to https://www.strengthsquest.com/registration/default.aspx or http://www.StrengthsQuest.com and click on “Access Code” in the upper right-hand corner
- Type in your unique Access Code: CODE
- Type in the Verification Code you see on the screen
- Create your account. Continue with registration and complete questions.
- Record your e-mail and password for your records
- Be sure to choose the “Take the Clifton StrengthsFinder” option when prompted after entering your email and password information
- It will take you about 30 minutes to complete
- You only have 20 seconds to answer each question
- Be sure to find a time and place to take this when you won’t be interrupted as you cannot restart or pause the assessment
- Choose the “Strengths” tab at the top of the page
- Select the Signature Theme Report under “Reports
- Take StrengthsQuest.
- Print your top 5 talent themes and bring them to orientation.