Join us for the Marketing Strategy Consortium on March 22-23, 2018
Experience a consortium focused on empowering and promoting Marketing Strategy research for doctoral students and early-career scholars (those less than 4 years since dissertation completion).
Strategic marketing and marketing strategy research encompasses a broad range of methodologies devoted to studying topics including, but not limited to: branding, brand equity, competitor response, CRM, customer development, e-commerce, entrepreneurship, innovation, interorganizational relationships, market intelligence, marketing and distribution channels, marketing communications, marketing research, marketing strategy, pricing, product development, product management, purchasing & organizational buying, relationship marketing, retailing, selling and sales management, services, and supply chain management.
Fellows (doctoral students and early-career scholars) must be nominated to attend. Space is limited. Faculty who are interested in participating can volunteer and indicate their interest here. Counselor invitations will be finalized after fellow nominations are received.
Nomination of Fellows
- Nominations must be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2017. Please submit a one-page nomination letter and the nominee’s CV. Invitations to fellows will be issued no later than January 17, 2018.
- Each doctoral program can nominate one current doctoral student who is pursuing or interested in pursuing marketing strategy research. An early-career scholar within 4 years of dissertation completion who is pursuing marketing strategy research can be nominated by his/her (1) faculty colleague, (2) dissertation mentor, or (3) self.
- Registration for the Consortium will be required by February 21, 2018.
Consortium Program Outline
Wednesday, March 21:
Consortium participants arrive by 6:30 p.m. for “dinner on your own” groups and to meet other fellows and counselors in downtown Columbia.
Thursday, March 22:
Full day of sessions. All meals provided, including an evening reception and dinner.
Friday, March 23
Sessions continue and the consortium concludes with a lunch picnic on the Quadrangle.
Participants may choose to register and remain for the Enhancing Sales Force Productivity Conference, which runs all day March 23 through mid-afternoon March 24. This includes a Keynote Banquet the evening of Friday, March 23.
Registration & Fees
All those invited to the consortium will be directed to the private consortium registration site, which will arrive in follow-up to nominations and acceptance. Registration Fees:
- $150 for consortium only
- $225 for consortium + Enhancing Sales Force Productivity Conference (a savings considering the $150 doctoral students conference registration fee)
- If you’ve already registered for the Enhancing Sales Force Productivity Conference: $75 additional
Faculty (Fellow & Counselors)
- $275 for consortium only
- $500 for consortium + Enhancing Sales Force Productivity Conference (a savings considering the $450 conference registration fee)
- If you’ve already registered for the Enhancing Sales Force Productivity Conference: $50 additional
Interested in sales & B2B research? The Enhancing Sales Force Productivity Conference will follow the Marketing Strategy Consortium. Visit espc.missouri.edu for more information.