The Diverse Student Association and the Diversity Committee of the Trulaske College of Business present the 2019 Bottom Line for Diversity Conference on Friday, Feb. 15, 2019, in the Reynolds Alumni Center, Columns Ballroom.
Students will be given the opportunity to sit among recruiters and hear from leaders in the professional world in order to gain insight on the importance of diversity in the work place. Students will be challenged to discuss the obstacles and merits of diversity in a professional environment and, by interacting with a number of companies, will learn about the importance of maintaining a global mindset.
2019 Conference Agenda
9:30 a.m. –10:00 a.m. Students Check-in at Reynolds Alumni Center, Columns Ballroom
10:00 a.m. -10:50 a.m. Diversity and Inclusion Training (Session I)
10:50 a.m.- 11:00 a.m. Short break
11:00 a.m.-11:50 a.m. Diversity and Inclusion Training (Session II)
11:50 a.m.- Noon Short break
Noon–1:15 p.m. Lunch & Keynote Speaker (Session III)
1:15 p.m.-2:15 p.m. Mini Career Fair & Networking (Session IV)
Diversity and Inclusion Training, Opportunity to earn 35 Professional EDGE points, Free Lunch, and Keynote Address, Networking Fair, Raffle Prizes
In order to earn 35 Professional EDGE points, you must card-swipe both IN and OUT, as well as attend Sessions I, II, and III in their entirety. Session IV is optional, however, we encourage all participants to attend.
Business professional dress is required.
Cancellations and no shows will not be permitted. Any student who cancels or no shows will be charged $50 to their student account.
ABOUT THIS EVENT – Information for students working toward the Professional EDGE programming requirement
- Business Professional attire is the minimum attire requirement for attendance at this event. View a description of this attire.
- Approx. 200 minutes (card-swipe IN prior to 10 a.m. and OUT after 1:15 p.m.) is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 35 EDGE points earned for successful completion.
- Value Differences | Competency addressed in this professional development experience.
- NOTE: In order to earn EDGE points for this event, students must:
- Card-swipe BOTH IN AND OUT (card-swipe IN prior to 10 a.m. and OUT after 1:15 p.m.) Look for Professional EDGE personnel to card-swipe IN from 9:30 – 10 a.m. and card-swipe OUT from 1:15 to 1:45 p.m. Please note that card-swipe is different and separate from picking up a name badge or other conference check-in procedures with the conference organizer.
- Be present and actively participate in sessions I, II and III as listed in the agenda, above. Students are highly encouraged to attend session IV, however, that session is optional.
- Please note that Professional Edge cannot award points to students who are either giving knowledge (such as being on a panel) or being compensated in some way for being at the event. Please contact the Professional Edge office via email to Edge@missouri.edu if this scenario applies to you, or if you have questions.
- The Diverse Student Association for the Trulaske College of Business is the organizer for this event (link to more about this org: https://business.missouri.edu/student-organizations/diverse-student-asso...). This organizer is working with the Professional Edge office to offer EDGE approved points for students who successfully participate in their event; therefore, procedures for event registration, check-in, timeline for processing points and other event details may be different from typical in-person EDGE sessions. Please refer to information in the body of this calendar event and/or emails from the event organizer for possible further information and/or instructions. Important note: while some details may vary, there will be no change from the EDGE Programming Syllabus regarding (1) the students’ responsibility to take appropriate steps to have their presence documented in order for attendance to officially be recorded (2) specifics for the minimum attire requirement, and (3) points processing/appeal timeline.