Students will be admitted to the Online Master of Accountancy based on a variety of key qualifications. Evaluation criteria will include not only academic success (as represented by a student’s GPA), but also other factors such as professional work experience, leadership experience, and academic aptitude (as displayed by GMAT or GRE scores). Future job potential will be evaluated through interviews by a panel of faculty, staff, and alumni representatives from the accounting profession.
Online MAcc Degree Admission Requirements
The following are admissions requirements for the Online MAcc:
- Four-year accredited bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score (inquire about eligibility for waiver*)
- Must meet the accounting prerequisites listed below:
- Accounting I and II
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I and II
- Accounting Information Systems
- Cost and Managerial Accounting
- Introduction to Taxation
- Competitive undergraduate GPA
- Letters of recommendation
- Short answer essay questions
- Applicants may be required to interview
Work experience may be considered in lieu of some admittance requirements. Additionally, students that are employed or otherwise financially supported by an employer (i.e. an accounting firm or corporation) may receive a waiver of some admittance requirements.
*GMAT/GRE waivers can be discussed by contacting Teal Snoddy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Decisions are primarily based on undergraduate academic performance and work experience.