Calendar date listed is the start date for online experience. Students will have one week (8 a.m. Monday to 11:59 p.m. the following Sunday) to complete required activities via Canvas.
You communicate and reveal your personal sense of professionalism to others through your behavior and conduct daily. Students who are intentional about building this skill will have distinct advantage in the workforce upon graduation. This session will examine what employers expect, and how to begin now to make professionalism a habit.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- 50 - 75 minutes is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 15 EDGE points earned for successful completion.
- Achievement Orientation, Critical Thinking | Competencies addressed in this professional development experience.
- The Professional Edge office is the organizer for this event. Event check-in, timeline for processing points and other event details will be as outlined in the PROFESSIONAL EDGE Programming Syllabus (on the Professional Edge webpage, click “EDGE Programming Syllabus” under the Related Links heading).
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
Students must meet the requirements for successful completion in order to receive PDP points. Successful completion of this PDP online experience will entail:
- Working through the handouts, videos and other materials in the Canvas module(s) to gain comprehension of the subject matter
- Completing assignments and quizzes to a satisfactory degree where applicable.
- Obtaining a cumulative score of 80% or higher on all assignments