Calendar date listed is the start date for online experience. Students will have one week (8 a.m. Monday to 11:59 p.m. the following Sunday) to complete required activities via Canvas.
Ethical dilemmas arise in the workplace on a regular basis, and how we as contributors in the business world handle these dilemmas has far-reaching effects. In this module we will evaluate the impacts people’s decisions have on businesses and stakeholder groups involved—focusing on examples that demonstrate both good and bad practices. Along with business examples, we will look at research on why good people do bad things and ways to help you walk the talk upon graduation.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- 15 EDGE points earned for successful completion of this online experience
- 50-75 minutes is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- Integrity, Value Differences | Competency/ies addressed in this professional development experience.
- Students will have the entire session timeframe to complete the experience. Activities may be completed all in one sitting, or students may choose to pace themselves with breaks between activities. However, session start and end dates are immovable and non-negotiable. All activities, assignments and quizzes must be completed before the session close date and time.
The PROFESSIONAL EDGE office is the organizer for this event. Event check-in, timeline for processing PDP points and other event details will be as outlined in the Professional Edge Programming Syllabus.
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
Students must meet the requirements for successful completion in order to receive PDP points. Successful completion of this PDP online experience will entail:
- Working through the handouts, videos and other materials in the Canvas module(s) to gain comprehension of the subject matter
- Completing assignments and quizzes to a satisfactory degree where applicable.
- Obtaining a score of 80% or higher on the final quiz