Calendar date listed is the start date for online experience. Students will have one week (8 a.m. Monday to 11:59 p.m. the following Sunday) to complete required activities via Canvas.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is coming, but what does that mean for your world after graduation? More industries are impacted than just the obvious (self-driving cars), and the impact will be felt across all types of business and commerce. In this two-stage professional development opportunity, students will learn about AI and what the majority of industry thought leaders are saying (module 1 | 10 points). Then, students can choose to apply that information by working through exercises to develop their own critical thinking about AI priorities (module 2 | 10 additional points).
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- up to 20 EDGE points earned for successful completion of this online experience
- 100 minutes (approx.. 50 minutes per module) is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- Learning Agility, Critical Thinking | Competency/ies addressed in this professional development experience.
- Students will have the entire session timeframe to complete the experience. Activities may be completed all in one sitting, or students may choose to pace themselves with breaks between activities. However, session start and end dates are immovable and non-negotiable. All activities, assignments and quizzes must be completed before the session close date and time.
The PROFESSIONAL EDGE office is the organizer for this event. Event check-in, timeline for processing PDP points and other event details will be as outlined in the Professional Edge Programming Syllabus.
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
Students must meet the requirements for successful completion in order to receive PDP points. Successful completion of this PDP online experience will entail:
(1) Obtaining a score of 80% or higher on the final quiz
(1) Successfully completing a short writing assignment, AND
(2) Obtaining a score of 80% or higher including the writing assignment and the final quiz.
You may choose to complete only the first module, or continue on to complete both. Students may NOT enroll again within the same semester to complete the second module at a later date. Students who do not successfully complete individual modules will receive no (zero) points per module. There is no partial point credit per module. The PDP office reserves the right to exclude students from re-enrolling into any online PDP experience for any reason.