Making Me Marketable - Create Your Personal Brand
Stand Out from the Crowd
- Make a positive first impression
- Tips for resumes, cover letters, and interviews
- The importance of appropriate dress and business etiquette
- Email, texting, and cell phone use during the job search process
- Online job search and social media personal audit
TCoB undergraduate students will earn 5 EDGE points for participation in the Conference Kick-Off and 10 EDGE points for participation in each of the skill building sessions (35 total points possible for Making Me Marketable 2018). Business professional attire is required for successful participation.
ABOUT THIS EVENT (Information for Trulaske students regarding Professional Edge for Making Me Marketable)
- Business Professional attire is the minimum attire requirement for attendance at this event. View a description of this attire.
- 30 – 180 minutes (not including time spent in non-workshop conference activities) is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- Up to 35 EDGE points possible for successful completion (5 EDGE points for participation in the Conference Kick-Off and 10 EDGE points for participation in each of the skill building sessions)
- Self Awareness | Competency addressed in this professional development experience.
- The Marketing Department is the organizer for this event (https://business.missouri.edu/departments-and-faculty/academic-units/mar...). This organizer is working with the Professional Edge office to offer EDGE approved points for students who successfully participate in their event; therefore, procedures for event registration, check-in, timeline for processing points and other event details may be different from typical in-person EDGE sessions. Please refer to information in the body of this calendar event and/or emails from the event organizer for possible further information and/or instructions. Important note: while some details may vary, there will be no change from the EDGE Programming Syllabus regarding (1) the students’ responsibility to take appropriate steps to have their presence documented in order for attendance to officially be recorded (2) specifics for the minimum attire requirement, and (3) points processing/appeal timeline.