20 PDP points. 100 minutes. Composing clear, accurate, and concise messages in a business-like manner is key to effective relationships and communication in the workplace. This workshop is designed to help you become a more precise, skilled business writer. The session will introduce you to the business writing style and how it differs from your academic experiences. It will also examine how tone impacts your reader’s perception of you and your message and will focus on strategies to keep your communication simple, concise, and specific.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- Casual attire is the minimum dress requirement for attendance at this event. View a description of this attire.
- 100 minutes is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 20 PDP points earned for successful completion.
- Learning Agility| Competency/ies addressed in this professional development experience.
- The BA/PDP office is the organizer for this event. Event check-in, timeline for processing PDP points and other event details will be as outlined in the PDP Programming Syllabus (click on the link at business.missouri.edu/PDP).
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.