The Five Dysfunctions of a Team outlines the root causes of politics and dysfunction on the teams where you work, and the keys to overcoming them. Counter to conventional wisdom, the causes of dysfunction are both identifiable and curable. However, they don't die easily. Making a team functional and cohesive requires levels of courage and discipline that many groups cannot seem to muster. (Book concept description from author Patrick Lencoini’s The Table Group company website https://www.tablegroup.com/books/dysfunctions)
Technical notes: Book materials are provided at no additional cost to students. Participants are expected to read and absorb concepts of the materials and will be required to demonstrate comprehension, as well as work through conceptual activities. Students should plan to dedicate approximately 4-6 hours of hands-on time to complete the entire experience.
Notice: Students who complete the online session assignments/quizzes will not be charged. However, students who access the book materials and do not complete the assignments will be charged $10 to their student account for the cost of the online book access.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- 4-6 hours is the expected time commitment for successful completion. Students will have two weeks to complete (from 8 a.m. the opening Monday until 11:59 p.m. the Sunday of the second week)
- 30 PDP points earned for successful completion.
- Critical Thinking, Teamwork | Competency/ies addressed in this professional development experience.
- The BA/PDP office is the organizer for this event. The timeline for processing PDP points and other event details will be as outlined in the PDP Programming Syllabus.
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
Successful completion of this online session will entail earning 80% or more overall, with four (4) key graded elements:
- Quiz #1 for reading comprehension (four short answer questions)
- Article assignment – find and post article per specifications
- Group discussion re. article assignment per specifications
- Quiz #2 for reading comprehension (four short answer questions)