Your success is dependent on your ability to influence others, especially those with more power or authority. To be effective at influencing up, you must be intentional about building effective relationships and communicate your ideas, opinions, and strategies in a respectful manner. Whether you are trying to influence a teammate, a professor, or future boss, this professional development workshop helps you identify different strategies you can use to influence others' thoughts and behavior.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- Casual attire is the minimum dress requirement for attendance at this event. View a description of this attire.
- 50 minutes is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 10 PDP points earned for successful completion.
- Influence Others | Competency/ies addressed in this professional development experience.
- The BA/PDP office is the organizer for this event. Event check-in, timeline for processing PDP points and other event details will be as outlined in the PPDP Programming Syllabus (click on the link at business.missouri.edu/PDP).
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.