20 PDP points. 100 minutes. Difficult people are everywhere. Or maybe, everyone is difficult during certain moments of their life. Either way, eventually you'll probably need to work with a person that you think is difficult. This experience can be stressful and make an otherwise enjoyable job, unpleasant, and even intolerable. In this workshop, you will discover some general characteristics of difficult personalities, find ways to manage your emotions, and learn how to more effectively deal with others. Most importantly, you will learn how to minimize the negative impact they create while gaining the confidence you need to stand your ground and maintain your self-respect. 20 PDP points. 100 minutes.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- Casual attire is the minimum dress requirement for attendance at this event. View a description of this attire.
- 100 minutes is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- 20 PDP points earned for successful completion.
- Manage Conflict| Competency/ies addressed in this professional development experience.
- The BA/PDP office is the organizer for this event. Event check-in, timeline for processing PDP points and other event details will be as outlined in the PDP Programming Syllabus (click on the link at business.missouri.edu/PDP).
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.