The Diverse Student Association of the Trulaske College of Business presents the 2018 Bottom Line for Diversity Conference on Friday, Feb. 16, 2018, in the Reynolds Alumni Center.
2018 Conference Agenda
9:30 a.m –10 a.m. Students Check-in at Reynolds Alumni Center
10 a.m. -10:50 a.m. Diversity and Inclusion Training (Session I)
10:50 a.m.- 11:00 a.m. Short break
11-11:50 a.m. Diversity and Inclusion Training (Session II)
11:50 a.m.- Noon Short break
Noon–1:15 p.m. Lunch & Keynote Speaker (Session III)
1:15-2:15 p.m. Mini Career Fair & Networking (Session IV)
In order to earn 40 PDP points, you must attend ALL Sessions I, II, and III in their entirety. Session IV is optional, however, we encourage all participants to attend.
Corporate Partners Attending Conference
- C.H Robinson
- Cerner Corporation
- Commerce Bank
- Edward Jones
- Ernst & Young
- Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- General Mills
- Shelter Insurance
- Veterans United Home Loans
Business professional dress is required.
Cancellations and no shows will not be permitted. Any student who cancels or no shows will be charged $50 to their student account.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
· Business professional attire is the minimum attire requirement for attendance at this event. View a description of this attire.
· 3.5 - 4 hours is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
· 40 PDP points earned for successful completion.
· Value differences | Competency/ies addressed in this professional development experience.
· The Business Career Services (BCS) office is the organizer for this event. This organizer is working with the PDP office to have PDP points awarded for students who successfully participate in their event; therefore, procedures for event registration, check-in, timeline for processing PDP points and other event details may be different from typical in-person PDP sessions. Please refer to information in the body of this calendar event and/or emails from the event organizer for possible further information and/or instructions. Important note: while some details may vary, there will be no change from the PDP Programming Syllabus regarding (1) the students’ responsibility to take appropriate steps to have their presence documented in order for attendance to officially be recorded (2) specifics for the minimum attire requirement, and (3) students will have 5 business days after the event date to dispute points awarded/not awarded.
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.