Calendar date listed is the start date for online experience. Students will have one week (8 a.m. Monday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday) to complete required activities via Canvas.
You might already know what you want to do when you graduate, but have you thought about what thecompany might be like? Employees can spend more than half of their waking hours in the workplace,and workplace culture can have a dynamic impact on job satisfaction. In this two-stage professionaldevelopment opportunity, students will learn about cultural fit and what factors should be consideredduring a job search (module 1 | 10 points). Then, students can choose to apply that information byworking through exercises to help determine their own workplace priorities and criteria for workplacefit (module 2 | 10 additional points).
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- 100 minutes (approx. 50 minutes per module) is the expected time commitment for successful completion.
- Maximum 20 points possible - 10 points for each of two modules | PDP points earned for successful completion.
- Self Awareness, Value Differences | competency addressed in this online experience
- The BA/PDP office is the organizer for this event. The timeline for processing PDP points and other event details will be as outlined in the PDP Programming Syllabus (click on the link at business.missouri.edu/PDP).
This session takes students beyond the foundational knowledge gained in the BA course series (BA 1500, BA 2500, BA 3500) and helps students prepare for BA 4500 internship course opportunities and the professional world beyond.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
Students must meet the requirements for successful completion in order to receive PDP points. Successful completion of this PDP online experience will entail:
- Working through the handouts, videos and other materials in the Canvas module(s) to gain comprehension of the subject matter.
- Completing assignments and quizzes to a satisfactory degree where applicable. Specific requirements for this PDP experience include:
- Obtaining a score of 80% or higher on the final quiz
- Successfully completing a short writing assignment, AND
- Obtaining a score of 80% or higher including the writing assignment and the final quiz.
You may choose to complete only the first module, or continue on to complete both. Students may NOT enroll again within the same semester to complete the second module at a later date. Students who do not successfully complete individual modules will receive no (zero) points per module. There is no partial point credit per module. The PDP office reserves the right to exclude students from re-enrolling into any online PDP experience for any reason.