Do you know someone who deserves recognition for making distinguished contributions to public utility policy?
Accepting nominations November 1st thru 1/31/19
What is the FRI Crystal Award?
The FRI Crystal Award for Distinguished Contribution recognizes an individual who has made recent outstanding and significant contributions to the design, implementation or analysis of public utility regulatory policy. It provides an opportunity to recognize excellence and achievement across regulated industries and further promotes the mission and purpose of the FRI - to serve as a neutral environment for the comprehensive examination of sound regulatory policy.
- Individuals with at least 10 years of experience related to regulated industry.
- Nominees are not restricted to companies or states represented by the FRI Advisory Board Members.
- Recipient must be present to accept the award during the FRI Symposium activities.
- Self-nominations are permitted.
- Nominations will not be accepted from individuals who are employed by or represent the organizations serving on the award selection committee.
Nominees may be, but are not limited to:
Nominees may not be:
FRI Advisory Board Members
Individuals employed by regulated public utility companies
Current Public Office Holders
- Individuals from organizations represented by the 2019 FRI Crystal Award Selection Committee
- Originality and extent of the contributions made by the individual to the design, implementation, or analysis of public utility regulatory policy.
- Sustained nature of these contributions over time.
- The measurable impact of the individual’s accomplishments such as changes in industry or regulatory policies, citations or use by others of the individual’s work.
- Extent of peer, industry, academic or public recognition of the individual’s accomplishments in the area of public utility regulatory policy.
FRI Award Selection Committee:
- FRI Director
- FRI Chair
- FRI Vice Chair
- FRI Alumni
- Crystal Award Sponsor
Selection Process, Terms & Requirements:
Upon submission of a nomination, nominators: (i) authorize the FRI or any third party acting on their behalf to reproduce and publish their nominations in all forms of media (ii) warrant to the FRI that all the information supplied as part of the nomination is true and complete; and (iii) acknowledge that if the nomination reaches the final stages of the competition the contact person detailed in the nomination form will be contacted by the FRI and will have the choice whether or not to proceed in the competition as the recipient is required to be present during the 2019 FRI Symposium.
- All required elements of the nomination form must be completed.
- Nomination forms may be submitted online or sent directly to Sarah Gott via email at email@example.com. No hard copies will be accepted.
- Entries will not be returned. All entries become the property of the FRI and the contents may be used in promotional materials
- Nominations were accepted thru January 31, 2019 and required to be sent no later than 6:00 PM (Central) on January 31, 2019.
- All nominations received thereafter were ineligible for the award.
- Recipient will be formally presented during the FRI Symposium Activities.
- All nominations will be evaluated by a diverse executive FRI Award Selection Committee charged with evaluating nominations in an unbiased fashion based on the eligibility and criteria.