- University registration (by invitation) – Friday, September 6
- Student registration, resumes, and award letters – Wednesday, September 18
- Hotel reservations (through Cheryl) – Wednesday, September 18
- Flights booked – Wednesday, September 18
- Students Resumes will be sent to E. & J. Gallo - Monday, October 14
- Marketing Case prompt will be sent out to Universities - Tuesday, September 24
- Sales Role Play scenario prompt - Thursday, October 4
Following confirmation of attendance, each University will be sent a link to register their teams. Each university team will be comprised two students selected by their university.
Students will need to upload a current resume when they register for the competition.
- $1,200 First Place Marketing Case Presentation Team
- $600 Second Place Marketing Case Presentation Team
- $250 Individual Sales Role-Play Winner
- $100 to each student competing as a “Congratulations” for making it to the final competition
Hotel accommodations for the universities will be at the Drury Plaza Hotel Columbia East near both the University and other event locations. Reservations will be made through the University when you send in your student registration. Hotel reservations need to be made by each university by Wednesday, September 18 to guarantee space and room payment. The competition will cover the costs for 2-3 guest rooms per university for Thursday night and Friday night. The rooms that are covered will be based on the mix of who is competing (student competitors of the same gender are required to share a room) and will include 1 faculty room. Reservations will be under the faculty coach's last name for the faculty room and under one of the student competitor's last name for the student rooms. Incidentals and extra nights are the responsibility of the guest. Guests should be prepared to provide a credit card for incidentals upon check-in.
- Hotel accommodations include a hot breakfast for our competition group
- Please ensure that your team is dressed and ready for the competition as they will be dining with E.& J. Gallo employees
Reimbursements will be made for airfare (2 competitors and 1 faculty) OR mileage (1 vehicle). Airfare booked after Wednesday, September 18 will be reimbursed on a sliding scale. Airfare must be economy or coach and booked flying into Columbia Regional Airport (COU), Saint Louis Lambert International Airport (STL), or Kansas City International Airport (MCI). If flying into STL or MCI, please book a shuttle through Mo-X from the airport to the hotel.
Mileage will be reimbursed for one vehicle for those who are only driving and will be based on the University of Missouri rate.
MU will provide a shuttle service from the hotel during the competition to the various event locations. Please be mindful of time, so we can stay on schedule.
For those who choose to rent a vehicle, please let us know so we can arrange parking on campus for Friday.