Since 1996, our students have delivered more than 500 consulting projects to satisfied clients in non-profit, for-profit and entrepreneurial fields. This success has been built on providing valuable business consultation across industry sectors with students applying practical skills.
Your project will finish with deliverables – the information you request to help build capacity within your business. What should you expect?
- market analyses
- competitive analyses
- marketing segmentation strategies
- economic impact analyses
- human resource development plans
- cost-accounting methods or feasibility studies.
Student teams work together with professor and client to find solutions. Each team works closely with an MBA Consulting faculty advisor responsible for grading individual team members.
A successful engagement requires you as the client and our student team to work as partners. We strive to match the business needs of our clients with the interests and qualifications of our students.
This partnership is facilitated by email as necessary and we respect your time. Most projects require as little as 6 hours over one 16-week semester of client time. Travel is not necessary, however meeting in person at the beginning and end of the semester is ideal.
1. Submit a brief profile and description of need by this date:
- January 5 (spring semester)
- August 5 (fall semester)
- May 5 (summer semester)
Once submitted, the faculty director will work to try to match your needs with students’ interests and abilities.
2. Once selected, managers from your organization meet with the student team one week into the semester to discuss the issue to be addressed.
The student team will develop a problem definition and work scope proposal in about 10 days.
3. The student team will then complete the project.
An oral presentation and a written report detailing the team’s findings, conclusions, and recommendations will be delivered to your organization by the end of the semester. Your participation in the final presentation is expected as it allows the students to assess your reactions and you will benefit from the exchange of ideas. You are encouraged to include others in your organization that would benefit from this presentation, as well. If travel is not possible, we can connect with you remotely.
Every engagement conducted under the MBA Consulting Program is done in strict confidence. No confidential information is released to the student consultants until a team is assigned. Faculty and students involved with the project sign Non-Disclosure Agreements on a client-by-client basis. We recognize the sensitivity of your marketing and financial information, and we emphasize confidentiality.
More than 150 Crosby MBA students attend the University of Missouri Trulaske College of Business.
These students are among the very best with diverse academic and professional backgrounds. The expertise from this pool of talent, combined with the outstanding faculty and resources of the Trulaske College of Business, allows the MBA Consulting Program to provide high-quality consultation.
- MU Athletic Department Economic Impact Study: Assess the economic impact of the University of Missouri changing to the Southeastern Conference
- Foundation Care Pharmacy: Develop performance feedback systems for various jobs in this rapidly growing company
- Quam Nichols: Assess the relative value of websites for Quam Nichols and main competitors in three market segments