Students register for Business Career Services in 104 Cornell Hall (BCS Registration Contract) and pay a one-time registration fee of $100. Registered students enjoy the full range of services that BCS offers from the time they register to a year after graduation. These include:
- Access to online job search engines such as Internships.com, Employ-on and GoingGlobal and the BCS main on-campus recruitment interface called CSO 1-on-1
- Access career advising services such as customized career coaching, resume review, mock interviewing, cover letter critique, job search strategies, salary negotiation advice, etc.
- Corporate site visits (Field Trip Fridays)
- Weekly newsletters and job announcements
- Admission to etiquette dinner
- Access to the BCS student resource area and quiet study rooms
- Access to company data and recruiters’ contact information
Recent Mizzou graduates that were not registered with BCS may pay the $100 registration fee and utilize all of the above for 12 months after graduation.
No Show Policy
In order to maintain a quality recruiting and interview program within the Trulaske College of Business, "No-Shows" are not tolerated. Anyone missing an on-campus interview or a pre-registration event is subject to the following "No-Show" policy:
- The student will be notified by email that he/she is immediately placed on "No-Show" status and will not be allowed to apply or to schedule future interviews until the he/she writes a letter of apology to the recruiter and brings a copy of the letter to the Career Services Office in 104 Cornell Hall. If the apology letter is emailed to the employer, Career Services MUST be copied (email@example.com). Students should make a careful note of each scheduled interview.
- Students who are "accepted" for an interview and do not schedule an interview time will be subject to the same consequences as those who do not show up for an interview.
- Students who are accepted for an interview are expected to sign up for an interview time and to keep the appointment.
- Should a legitimate emergency or illness occur, or if a job offer is accepted, students must contact BCS as soon as possible.
- Students who sign up for a pre-registered event and fail to contact our office if they are unable to attend will be subject to de-activation with Business Career Services