The Trulaske execMBA Program uses rigorous admissions criteria and evaluates all applications carefully to select a highly talented and motivated cohort. Please refer carefully to the following application instructions, and contact us at 573-882-8266 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Current full-time employment
Applicants must submit the following information:
Online University of Missouri Graduate School Application: In the "Supplemental Information" section of the online Graduate School Application, please upload the following:
- Personal Statement. Please address the following topics, in no more than 500 words each:
- Business Challenge: Describe the most significant business-related challenge you have faced in your career, how you approached that challenge, and the outcome. You may also indicate how you anticipate earning an MBA will help you approach similar challenges in the future.
- Career Goals and execMBA expectations: How do you expect the Trulaske Executive MBA Program to help you achieve your career goals?
- Time Management: Given your already demanding job and the desire to remain committed to important family and personal obligations, how do you plan to handle the additional demand of pursuing a graduate degree?
- Resume. Be sure to include the following information:
- Professional experience and accomplishments, including the month and year for all listed positions (e.g. January 2002 - December 2007, January 2008 - Present).
- Current salary/annual income. All execMBA students must be gainfully employed.
Transcripts: Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts in the "Educational History" section of the online Graduate School application for your application to be considered complete. If you attended University of Missouri, you can skip this step. Please arrange to have official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended mailed directly to the MU Graduate Admission Office, 210 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211.
Letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted in the same manner.
Interviews are by invitation only. Invitations will be extended after an application is received and reviewed.
GMAT or GRE scores will be considered, but are not a requirement for admission. If you've taken the GMAT or the GRE and feel the scores would strengthen your application, please submit them (code 596-15-82 for GMAT or code 6875 for GRE).
December 1: Early bird application deadline
March 1: First application round
May 1: Second application round
July 1: Final application deadline
*Once applicants have submitted all required materials within a particular round, the admissions committee will review and respond within 6-8 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a specific industry background or a specific undergraduate degree?
No! We welcome applications from top-notch leaders in all industries with all undergraduate majors. Diversity lends itself to a rich learning experience.
How many years of work experience are required?
Candidates must have a minimum of five years of professional work experience, as well as substantial leadership experience. Our average student has 15 years of work experience (with a range of 5 to 25+ years of experience), and an average of 10 years of leadership experience.
Do you require the GMAT or GRE?
No. If you choose to submit them, GMAT or GRE scores will be considered, but they are not a requirement for admission. Instead, the admissions committee evaluates each application holistically based on professional achievements as well as personal characteristics such as commitment, drive and motivation.
Is an interview required for admission?
Yes. Interviews are by invitation only, and are required to assess an applicant's fit with the program and with other members of the cohort. Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit campus to interview, though alternative arrangements can be made if candidates are not able to visit campus.
What do the application deadlines mean?
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so applying earlier is always better. The priority, first, and second round deadlines determine the priority given to applications. Because applications are processed as they come in, applying after a deadline means that your application will be placed at the end of the wave of applications received before the deadline.
How many students will you accept into the program?
The incoming execMBA cohort (class of 2017) will include about 40 students.
I'm not from Missouri. Could the execMBA be an option for me?
The program is designed to be accessible to professionals anywhere in the world. Current students in the program represent 13 states. With the execMBA, students expand their networks beyond the traditional regional geography of other executive MBA programs.
I'm in the military; can I participate in the program?
The University of Missouri is a Yellow Ribbon school, and the execMBA team works closely with the University Veterans Center. Our hybrid format accommodates professionals who travel and those with demanding schedules. All materials are available online at all times of the day. We coordinate closely with candidates in the military to handle any unexpected scheduling conflicts that arise during the program.
Do I have to be financially sponsored by my company?
No, financial sponsorship is not required. However, you must be currently employed, and if admitted to the program, you must submit a letter of endorsement from your employer that indicates that the necessary time will be provided for you to attend all of the in-person elements of the program. Sample Letter (PDF).
Show us you mean business.