The Crosby MBA program now offers deferred admission to highly qualified students where they can apply to the program now but defer their admission to a future semester after they have gained professional work experience. Students in an MBA program will have an easier time finding an MBA level internship and an MBA level job post-graduation if they have had professional work experience prior to enrolling in an MBA program. The Deferred Admit program allows students to apply, be accepted and possibly be guaranteed financial aid before they enter the work force.
Students do not have the take the GMAT or GRE to apply and be accepted into our Deferred Admit program. However, they will need to take either the GMAT or GRE prior to enrolling in the Crosby MBA program and score a minimum score, which will be determined by the MBA Admissions Committee once the student receives deferred admission.
Deferral to the Crosby MBA program will be based upon the student’s career goals and is typically one to two years. Highly qualified applicants may be guaranteed future financial aid in addition to admission. All other students who received deferred admission will be considered for financial aid at the time that they actually enroll in the Crosby MBA program.
Guidelines for admission
Undergraduate juniors, seniors or recent graduates from any institution may apply to our deferred admit program. The guidelines for admission are:
- 2+ professional internships
- Demonstrate significant leadership experiences within a student organization, on campus and/or within the community
- Strong interview that demonstrates a strong focus on a career path
- Solid GPA (3.5 or higher)
How to apply
Students will apply to the deferred admit program by completing our Deferred Admission Application. Please save a copy of this application as a pdf and submit to email@example.com. Include a current resume with all work and leadership experience and honors/awards; unofficial transcripts of your undergraduate institution and a copy of your GMAT or GRE score sheet, if applicable. (Test scores are not required to apply to the deferred admit program. However, they are required, along with a minimum score, before enrolling in the program). In the Subject line, please put ‘Deferred Application-Last Name, First Name’. Your application will be reviewed and we will get back to you on next steps. An interview will be required for admission.
Guidelines for deferral
Applicants who are admitted to the deferred admit program must agree to the following:
- Prior to enrolling in the Crosby MBA program, fill out an official application through the Office of Graduate Studies at the University of Missouri.
- Prior to enrolling in the Crosby MBA program, take the GMAT or GRE and score a minimum score. Scores that meet the minimum score but fall below our averages may require students to participate in our Summer Start program starting June 1 prior to the Fall semester and running throughout the summer.
- Maintain employment between graduation and enrolling in the Crosby MBA program.
- If admitted, meet with a member of the Crosby MBA Admissions Team and agree to a personalized plan for a deferral timeline including test score needed and ways to stay engaged with the Crosby MBA program during the deferral timeline.
- If admitted, the admissions committee has the right to retract admissions based on an individual’s behavior between deferred admission and enrollment in the Crosby MBA program.